Reporting to the Program Manager, the Project Coordinator assists the Program Manager and ProjectManager(s) in ensuring all aspects of the project cycle adhere to TESC and client policies, procedures performance objectives and performance standards. The Project Coordinator liaises with project teams in producing, providing and coordinating all information necessary for the success of the project. Their job activities occur within the TESC office and/or on construction project sites as required.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Providing support to all projects and estimates relevant to the Program.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication with all project personnel, keeping the Project Managers informed of all critical issues.
- Liaises with, and maintains good working relationships with clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Review and evaluate proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and the content of the estimate.
- Quantify all aspects of the tender document, including tender requirements, written specifications and project drawings.
- Solicit supplier quotations for material, equipment and sub-trade quotations, whether internal to TESC departments or from an external supplier.
- Attend pre-tender meetings, including estimate reviews and tender closings.
- Prepare detailed, accurate, professional estimates by calculating material quantity take offs, equipment and labour rates for tender verification.
- Assist Project Managers with all aspects of the job site including planning, organization and direction of construction activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of project plans including cost, schedule and budget.
- Assist in preparation of labour reports, cost reports and expediting materials.
- Complete Purchase Order Requisitions (POR’s) for submission and approval.
- Work with Project Manage and Construction Manager to identify out of scope item and to budget extras as projects accelerate.
- Assist Project Manager with the negotiation of change orders.
- Maintain document management and file structure including document control logs (i.e. RFIs, shop drawings).
- Ensure job specific external and internal reporting requirements are met with accuracy and on time.
- Assist in implementation and monitoring of safety and quality control.
- Perform quantity tracking for projects.With the assistance of the Project Manager, review and approve engineering designs and vendor drawings to ensure conformity with project specifications, TESC and client policies, procedures and practices, and sound engineering, operating and business principles and practices.
Secondary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Gather and retain current and accurate data on costs of goods, materials, market labour and equipment rates from suppliers and sub-trades.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide training to students, new employees, and colleagues.
- Must have a positive attitude towards construction health and safety.
- University degree or College diploma or construction related training.
- Minimum of 3 years of related field experience, industrial construction experience preferred.
- Estimating experience is an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet project deadlines.
- Financial acumen/ability to comprehend budget structures.
- Must work well independently and unsupervised.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Word and Project.
- Must be willing to travel and work week ends to accommodate project schedules and/or client needs.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record.