Tom Lachance is the namesake behind the letter ’T’ in TESC. A mechanical contracting project at Denison Mines in 1976 marked the first page in the story of what has grown to be one of the leading integrated services construction companies in Ontario. Tom now brings his rich experience to bear as an advisor for the next chapter of the company:
- Director of MCAS (Mechanical Contractors Association Saskatchewan), followed by President for last 20+ years
- Ongoing Director of MCAO (Mechanical Contractors Association Ontario) for almost 4 decades, with a stint as President
- Member of executive committee at Construction Employers Council of Ontario, representing MCAO
- Trustee on the Ontario Principals Council Pension and Benefits plan for the Province of Ontario for 40 years
- Past Chair of MTBC (Mechanical Trade Bargaining Committee). Representing MCAO for approx 40 years.
- Past Director of IHSA (Infrastructure Health & Safety Association)
The skill, grit, perseverance and family values for which TESC has become renowned, are all defining qualities of Tom himself.